Saturday, June 21, 2008

God used a lot of people to help Devon pass Algebra.


It take's more than hard work to pass Algebra, at least for this kid and this Dad who's math skills add up to???? A lot of it was the deposit of Gail's in-yo-face, Devon you're gonna get this, or else! Well....Gail's doin' a lot of cheering up there and for good reason.

I received Dev's report card this week and 2 C's and 4 A's. I'm thankful for all the prayers and encouragement that you all have given to us this past year. It has borne fruit in our lives. It's the stuff of sustanance, mercy, grace and strength. Some prayers are sown in tears...

Another blessing is that Devon is ahead in credits so his two solids for his senior year are US Government and English. The hope is that he will be able to get into the workability class and get out early and go to work. There is a Safeway, just across the bridge. He might apply there.

He needs to work with people. Big surprise. He worked a part-time job at a local hospital and he and Emmy did both filing and working with the people. Guess who won out in the popularity contest??

Devon arrived in SoCal on June 17th and will head back the week after the 4th of July. Although Devon has visited So Cal every summer since we moved, North, it has been more difficult to be alone this time. You can be praying for me during this time and beyond as I have been down, after Gail's one-year anniversary. The future holds so many unknowns and it can feel a bit overwhelming at times.

Devon and I are going to go on a short term mission together to spend time with the Navajo native americans. This should be an adventure with other high schoolers from our church. I believe that Devon and I will grow with one another as a result of this trip.

Give Devon a call or get together with him while he's down, he doesn't have much planned.

Love,

Jon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,
Thanks for sharing about the good news on Dev's report card. PTL! Gail is sure proud and I know she is proud of you and how you've taken care of Dev and made sure he's gotten all that he needs. The Lord has provided all the right people in the path to help us along. My faith continues to grow as I witness how much the Lord provides and cares for us when we know we can't do it alone.

I saw Dev today at church and he was having fun with friends and cousins. They are all going to hang out tomorrow in Gardena, shopping and eating! Michael is so happy to out of school!!!

We will be praying for your short term mission trip coming up. I know that will be a huge blessing for all. We miss you.

Always here for you,
Sandy

mystere's moonbat slayer club said...

Hi Jon!

It's great hearing about Devon's report card! I saw him at church, and he checked out my new ride! I'll let him tell you about it. By the way, I heard you read my latest post on my blog. I hope you got a great laugh out of it.

"Mr. E"

Anonymous said...

hey uncle jon,
i'm leaving today for japan! ah i'm so nervous and excited! miss you! and miss dev, i didn't get to see him before i left...hes at aunty joy and uncle mikes. but, hope you guys have an amazing missions trip. i know God will use you two as a bridge for Him in some crazy way. praying for you. happy birthday to devon soon too! love you guys!
take care!
love,
Lo.(: