Sunday, July 29, 2007

Walking with Dad

Hello everyone,



This is Devon speaking. Me and Dad walking has been really helped me by keeping me fit and also to keep in connection with my feelings and also my Dad's. Today me and my Dad's walk been really helpful because we were discussing about what we need to do that is really important and to not neglect the stuff in our lives that are trying to help us. We got in a argument about what we should to but eventually we came to a agreement and made amends for arguing. It's going to be hard without my Mom around. But it's not impossible with family, friends, and God. Some of my prayer requests is that me and my Dad could really commute about how we feel without getting mad. Also that we could make it day by day without getting wiped out. Other then that I think I am fine. See you guys later





Love,



Devon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Devon,
I am glad you are feeling better and I am glad that you and your dad are walking together. Life can be hard, but when people help each other and have faith, things get better. I had been prying for you, and it seems like its been answered. I will see you later and please, continue to be strong.

Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Jesus, Lover of my soul,
Jesus, I will never let you go
You’ve taken me from the miry clay
You've set my feet upon the Rock, and now i know

I love you, I need you,
Though my world may fall, I’ll never let you go
My Saviour, my closest friend,
I will worship you until the very end

Dev, i know this song means a lot of all of us who were with you up north that one week, and if you just really look at the lyrics you can really see how we do love Him, and need Him even if our world may feel like its falling though. Hes the only one who will ever really be there for us in all our circumstances no matter how crappy they are. i love you so much devon. hope you're having a good day.(:
love,
Lo(:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dev,
The time you have walking with your dad is so precious! And your dad knows that if you get mad in the conversation, at least you are still talking to him. It is like you Father in heaven. He wants to walk with you each day and can take it even when you are mad. Read the Bible. There are alot of psalms with honest feelings. Those walks are going to be invaluable!

Thanks for hanging out with us last week. We are there for you as well. We all need each other. God set it up that way--needing God and people.

We love you,
Brice, Sandee, Riley and Karina