Saturday, April 25, 2009

Senior Pictures


Last night Devon and I went to Sears to get his Senior pictures taken. He was such a champ.

He had a very proud smile. Like he had accomplished something and had a deep sense of satisfaction.

It was not a haughty smile. I loved it. Gail loved it too.

I became very sad during the day @ work thinking about the fact that Gail would not be with us.

Gail would have loved to fuss over Devon as he put on his new clothes and his cap and gown.

I called a friend, Lisa and cried for awhile. She too was close to Gail and knew what I was feeling.

My boss Sam, walked into my office while I was crying too and I shared with him about the pictures. He was very understanding and compassionate.

As picture time came, the tears wore off and the excitement came.

Devon looked so good in the brand new clothes!

His Grandma and Aunty Katie bought the new clothes for him when he was in Huntington Beach during Easter break. They spent about two hours with the family having him try on different shirts, slacks and jackets. He was a good sport.

They loved Devon by fussing over him. I'm sure that he ate it up.

He will also wear these same clothes to the Prom on May 2nd @ the Exploritorium in SF.

If you would like a picture, please let me know. I have a high resolution cd.

I want to thank all of you who have been there for Devon and our family in our journey to see him to this point of graduation.

It was not a foregone conclusion.

God knew what He was doing.

And here we are.

Amazing!

Love,

Jono

3 comments:

Alan said...

It would be great to see the photos -- maybe you can post at least one or two. Thanks for the continued updates, it's always a blessing.

AZ Chapman said...

got to put the pics online when is the cemony so I can come.

Karen said...

Hi Jon and Devon,
Just wanted to say "HELLO! and that we are thinking of you.
Devon, I bet you look very handsome in your suit.
love,
Karen, Bruce, Tyler & Cameron