Thursday, April 23, 2009

together time


Early on in our grieving process Devon and I made a list of those things that are important to us. One of the reasons for this was to order our lives around those things and people that were them most important.

Over the last two years, my time and effort has been on trying to build in a controlled, predictable life for us to live in, protected. I have found myself frustrated when things don't go my way, etc. Sometimes I feel that I have been focussed on obtaining certain outcomes at the expense of simply enjoying/living life.

I realized that I need 'down' time with Devon besides our walks. The other night we laid in bed together and were talking about what we had learned from the testimony of a friend that had to serve time in San Quentiin in order for the Lord to do the work that He wanted to accomplish.

We started to talk about the reason that we have suffered loss and how the Lord might want to use that. It was nice 'together time.' Devon said that the Lord wanted to use us to bless others that have also gone through a loss.

A verse that has come to mind this week is:

"The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing"

Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: