Friday, August 31, 2007

I want to share this E-Mail with you......

Hello Jon and Devon,

We have been thinking about you both during this first week of school, it reminds me of all the time I spent alone in SB with the girls in school, at first it was hard to find people to put on the emergency list.

It seems you are in good shape in this area, with good friends pitching in. It takes a village and your mom was so instrumental in setting up that village, in many ways she was always preparing you to walk in the world.

She is so proud of you and what a man you are becoming.

I know school is a challenge Devon, as I watch A___ go through her daily struggles I realize that the process is really a life's training ground, a place to find yourself and loose yourself simultaneously.

When it is good, relish ( no not the stuff you put on hot dogs) it, when it is bad, remember it is just --yes, just high school. Ask your dad what he remembers from that time in his life, you already have such a good head on your shoulders that you are way ahead of the game. I think in part it is those good Yoshimine genes, no discredit to your mom. But, the Yoshimine men are awesome and you are the one who will carry on the family name and spirit.

We look forward to spending time with you both next weekend in Clovis.

A___ will be with us, Dodger not.

See you soon,

S-

This was so life affirming to me for Devon. Thank you, sj!!!!

Love,

jon and dev

No comments: