Saturday, December 22, 2007

Our December 2007 and One Wish by AZ Chapman


Devon did not pass his Math Exit Exam. He received the identical score as last time.

All is not lost, as he can take it again soon.

We did not focus too much on the Exit exam because we were focussing on tutoring for Algebra 1, which he also needs to pass to graduate. He would rather take the exit exam again than repeat Algebra.

We thanked the Lord that he didn't lose any ground and that we decided to focus on Algebra and he is currently passing!

My parents were over a few weeks ago and they lit a cande. We've never been much for candles, but it was nice. I went and bought three candles and Devon placed one next to Gail's picture next to our front door. My Dad also placed some red roses that he bought next to Gail's picture. Another loving, thoughtful act which I appreciated.

There have been so many prayers and acts that have been such comfort and hope to our lives.

We are down, but not out.


Where would we be without the Lord?

Devon is starting to journal now. I would like him to get into the habit of doing this. I know that as a 16 year old, I would've never considered it.
Recently, I asked the Lord to help me write in my journal at least one sentence of praise in the morning, and one sentence of praise at night.


This has been helpful. Sometimes I do write the one sentence, sometimes, not all, and others a few paragraphs. It helps me process and go as deep as I dare.

I find that, with pen in hand and journal on my lap that the Lord starts to take over. Thoughts come to mind that need to be penned. Making that commitment to do this puts me into that place to meet with Him, so that we can process together.


Together is the operative word. If God didn't send Jesus, we'd be alone and on our own. We do not have to fend for ourselves, He sent the Helper.

Jesus was born homeless, the angels first appeared to the Shepherds who were outcasts, ex-cons and weren't even allowed to worship, because they were unlcean. And yet this is who God sent his angels to.

Jesus didn't some with a lot of fanfare and hype. He came to parents whose world had been rocked, but still trusted. He didn't come to the power elite, to the rich and the famous, but to the poor. Pastor Paul said last week, that Jesus' first breath was sucking in animal stench and that he was wrapped in dust rags. Why? so He could identify with our own poverty in our soul.

As our pastor Paul shared last week, God's actions may seem like 'Non Sense', but it does make 'God-Sense'.

And that's good enough for me....


We thank this Jesus for all of you.

We pray that this Jesus will become more and more real every day and that you will be able to comprehend how high, how deep, how wide his love is for us.

Merry Christmas!

PS. I was viewing our friend Az Chapman's Blog today. There is a link on this blog. She plays some mean hoops for our HMB Cougar team. Here is a recent poem from her site. Check it out.



One wish
by AZ Çhapman
I have one wish
it may never come true
I wish I had a friend or two
Friends they spoil you
they got your back
If you ever got attack
I want a friend because I too
like to be lazy sometimes
just like all teens do
I am tired of fighting
tired of being strong
I don't like fighting all year long
Sometime I wish I could just hide in a cave
so I wouldn't have to be brave
I have one wish
it may never come true I wish I had a friend or two

About Me
AZ Chapmen
Female teenager who has CP and a non-verbal learning disablilty.
View my complete profile





2 comments:

AZ Chapman said...

Hi guys Az here Devon I'm so sorry you didn't pass the exit exam. I hope that I will pass it in Feb when I take it. I wish I could help but alas I live over the motions sorry. Jon thanks for positing my poem. I know this Christmas will be hard without gail but try to make the best of it. I might call y soon.
love always AZ

Anonymous said...

dear uncle jon and devon,
Hey you two! just wanted to write you guys a little note before i have to leave for New Orleans tomorrow... i just got off the phone with you guys, and i just wanted to tell you guys how thankful i am for you two. i dont know many people who will say a prayer for me over the phone. its such a blessing to have you guys as part of my family, and to be able to spend as much time as we did together this past week. no joke, i think this was one of the best winter breaks under these circumstances, and i have such a big appreciation for our close family! i love you guys. it was so fun just seeing you guys everyday, and i loved how everyone came over like every day this week. playing with the wii, talking, just enjoying each others company, and going to sea world yesterday...it was all so memorable and fun.(:
i loved our unreal encounter with shamu, and just watching the dolphins, and other shows together.(:
so hope when you guys read this, you get safely home and have a nice day.
i love you guys so much! thanks for everything! take care!(:
lots of love,
LoLo