Sunday, June 24, 2007

Better Off.

Today is the celebration service for my Gail and Devon's Mom. What a life we've had up to now, soooo rich and full. Not that it was an easy life. Because it wasn't. What made our lives full is that Christ, in His mercy could take sin-dead lives make them them alive. If he could do that for us, he could do that for anyone.

One prayer that I prayed early on after Gail's episode, was that each and every person would somehow be better off by what transpired.

How might a loving God, named Jesus want you to be better off as a result of Gail's death?

And......as Gail would say; 'What's it gonna be?'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot attend the celebration today, but want you all to know that I am always with you all in spirit and in prayer.
I read Oswald Chambers and yesterdays read was on grief and sorrow. I have read it again and again and with todays read, and as I dwell on Gail's death, I am coming to understand the connection between sin in my life and sorrow in my life.
Gail's life and death has entered my soul and given me the desire to pursue God's desires for me in a whole new light. I want you to know that Gail's death is changing my life. I thank God for her.
I hope the love we all feel for her will pass onto you and make this time less painful.

Love, JoAnn Asari

Unknown said...

The celebration was beautiful and moving. Jon, you and Devon have moved me and inspired me with your faith and openness. Brandon and I are praying you and the rest of the family. If you need anything, please call and receive.
Jennifer Shimahara