Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Offerings....

Hi Everyone.

Thank you for your ovrewhelming support, prayer and presence. The Holy Spirit is taking your petitions and thoughts and personally laying each one before the feet of Jesus. Your prayers and thoughts and actions are honoring the Lord and filling Gail's, Devon's any my cup. When we feel depleted, something happens that again fills our cup. For example two days ago, we received some tough news and were, I think, kind of down. In walks Bertha Villa and her son Raul from work testifying to the goodness of the Lord and this encouraged us.

Gail's condition did not change too much yesterday, which at this point is a good thing. The reason for this is that when one is placed into a state of being in a paralytic coma, there are other serious side effects. Thankfully, she did not have any of these side effects. The Ct scan taken yesterday showed that there was no additional bleeding (good, good, the ventricles in her brain did not swell up.
The location of the aneurysim is the Posterior Cerebllum, next to the brain stem. It is dome shaped, and not the shape of a balloon.

This morning, I called the nurse and she said that last night was a better night than the last, as Gail did not have any seizure or vasospasm.

We were not able to speak to the Neurosurgeon yesterday to get an idea of a game plan, but part of the reason, I think is that Gail has to get stable first. But the nurse will see to it that we can have some time with Dr. Baiz. One thing that is clear, even in the best case scenario, this will be a long journey.

Please pray that:

1. Gail would remain stable and show signs that the induced coma is not necessary. This, I think, would be based on the absence of complications over a period of time.
2. That the Lord will heal the aneurysm and all associate effects of the bleed.
3. That the Lord will continue to use this hardship to bring us closer to Him.
4. That our friends and family that do not yet know the Love of Jesus Christ, will be open to knowing Him on a personal basis. There is absolutely no denying that He is already working wonders!

Moving forward, please pray for wisdom and discernment as to some of the following issues/concerns

1. Moving visitors from the hotel to homes. I think that we might keep one room at the travel lodge and have the last person that is with Gail every night stay there.
2. How to balance being with Gail and the need to rest and take care of everyday things especially for Devon. We will probably go home for awhile today.
3. We have given two dear friends the authority to advocate on our behalf for Devon's education. The principal of HMB High School has already said that Devon can take his final's when he's ready. We need to be able to retain his current grades, do make-up work and plan for this summer and the fall. (adjustments to schedule)

More prayer requests
1. That we can process this grief safely under the protective hand of the Father.
2. How Devon processes this and when and how to help him to do this.

How is Devon doing?
Devon's home school buds, Allie, Taylor and mom Lisa came to hang with Devon. Some other friends (siblings) hung out.
There are a lot of people, and I think that Devon needs to process more on an individual basis. I will take him out and probably back home for awhile today. We will do some normal stuff around the house.

How am I doing?
I haven't had much time to think about it, but both Devon and I have been sleeping well. I have been waking up before my alarm. This has been good, so that I can have some quiet time and think through some things and do this blog. I know that as time goes on, we will need people to sit with us and walk with us, not do say anything, or do anything, but just to be there. This isn't easy to do. It is often awkward, especially for us guys, but I think that that is what we need. I think that we will have people just sit with Gail in her room, have people just hang with Devon and people to walk/sit with me. There is a lot inside that needs to come out.

It's good, because both Devon and I have been emoting and lamenting already.

Gail would want you to know that she is grateful for your acts of love and kindness on her behalf.

Love,

Jon, Gail and Devon

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother Jon I love your attitude and sprit Your brother Randy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon and Devon,

Gail and you two are all in my prayers.

-Kenny Kawamura

susan nomura said...

O, Lord, we love Gail. All throughout the day, we cannot stop thinking about her as we long and pray for her recovery. May she sense our love even as she sleeps. May she feel Your warm embrace, Your healing hand. In the name of Your love, Amen

Unknown said...

Jon, Gail and Devon,

My prayer this morning for you all...

It's in the name of Jesus I pray for healing, restoration of Gail's, mind, body and spirit, that she would receive the highest care for her medical needs. As we the body of Christ support, pray and care for her spiritual and emotional needs. As she is in an induced coma, I pray that she hears each and every word that you who stand by her bedside share with her, that she would hear your heart felt prayers, feel your loving hands upon hers, that your presence would be felt and that she would experience comfort, encouragement and peace in knowing she has a team of prayer warriors by her side.

Thank you Devon and Jon for keeping us informed on how Gail is doing. We who love your mom/wife so much, because of the awesome example of Christ that she is. I thank God every time I think of her, how she has made a difference in my life and so many others. She is an amazing woman and I will continue to ask God in faith, expectation and boldness to bring healing upon her body each and every day.

Lord...we ask for good news, bring us all good news of improved health, improved medical status for our sister Gail. It's in the name of Jesus that I pray for all these things.

Love,
Amy Chin Buckels

Anonymous said...

Jon,
You, Dev and Gail are always on my mind, and in my prayers.

I think going fishing on friday.

Kenji

Anonymous said...

There isn't a moment during my day where I am not thinking or praying for you all. My heart is broken because I cannot be there to silently walk beside Jon, to sit with Gail, or to hang with Devon.

Susan & Frank said...

Jon, Devon and Gail,

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family during this very challenging time. Everyone at Hope Svcs. sends their love and prayers. They are all praying for Gail's recovery. Stay strong.

Susan, Frank and the Hope Svcs. family

Anonymous said...

Jon, Devon,
I keep praying for you two and for Gail throughout the day. May the Father uphold you through this whole day, give you strength, provide you with space to think and speak, and reassure you that Gail rests safely in His hands.
Much love,
Susie Nylander Benton (and James)

dslcogawa said...

When the journey is harsh and long, may the Holy Spirit give you His refresment of strength and hope.
"Those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31
Dennis, Susan

Anonymous said...

We're praying for all of you - may God's peace and blessings and healing power be with you.
Ted & Susan

Anonymous said...

Oh Gail!
Ever since I heard the news, I can't stop thinking about you and hoping and praying for you, Jon and Devon. All of these wonderful memories have been flooding my mind - wagon train years, jr. FMY, singing by the campfire, all those Wes Terasaki songs - especially He is God - the many laughs and meals shared, and trying to be good enough so we wouldn't have to smell Jon's shoes at FMY! You have been such an inspiration to so many people - and always to me. Please hang in there - we love you!

Julie (Takaki), Jason, Joshua and Cory

Anonymous said...

Jon and Devon - Thanks for the update!

This blog site is a wonderful testimony of your love for Jesus and Gail.

When I think of hanging with you and Gail I think of images like these which I hope bring you some solace:

June Lake
june-lake-eagle.gif

Continually praying for Gail's healing!

Love in Christ, Mike Kimura

Anonymous said...

Jon,

I'm sure by now you read my response to Devon; I am thinking about you guys day and night. I'm hoping that Gail pulls through; I'm just wondering if she has moya moya, like P. O. had gone through. I was praying on Sunday, just after Pastor Nancy Wong broke the news to us, and I thought I heard in my prayers that it's not her time yet. I'm hoping that it's true, and that she will pull through and get strong again. Get some rest for now Jon; I know it's a rough stormy ride at this moment.

"Mr. E" Ed Endo

Unknown said...

Hi Jon and Devon,

My Dad just emailed me to let me know what's going on and I just wanted you to know that my family will be praying for you all as well. Gail has made a profound impact on my life. She was the one who first showed me the power of Jesus's love and mercy. I can't think of a greater example of a true disciple of Christ than Gail.

Cindy Kodama Lowman

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon, Gail and Devon,

I guess thats a good sign that Gail's condition has remained stable for now. Small steps are good...
I'll continue to pray for all your needs and that Gail will continue to make those small steps to recovery.
And for the doctors looking over her...

Guy & Kim Fukushima said...

I wish I could describe the difference Gail has made on our lives. She married us a little over 10 years ago. She was the person primarily responsible for leading me to accept Christ during our pre-marital counseling. As I read thru the wonderful testimony on this site, I realize how you all have touched so many hearts. Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated, even in the midst of your heartache and worry. We will continue to pray for all of your requests. I know He is holding/comforting Gail and He has His plan that we cannot understand but will trust in. Although we knew her during a short course, we thank God for bringing Gail's grace and loving heart, forever into our family.

- Guy, Kim,
Kayleen, Lindsey and Jase

Anonymous said...

Dear Jon and Devin,

Thank you for your updates, they are a gift in their honesty, in letting us into your world. I first heard of the news about Gail from Russ Kido at church on Sunday and have thought of all of you each day ever since. Our community here at Epic is praying for you.

Kevin Doi