Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Tribute to Gail Yoshimine by Veronica Nicole Navarro

This is the poem that Veronica Navarro wrote and recited at Gail's celebration service. Your love rings out true and clear!

A Tribute to Gail Yoshimine
By: Veronica Nicole Navarro

Patience, Caring, Woman
Three words that described her well.
She who loved to help any man,
Even those who seemed invisible to man’s eye
Because she wanted all humans to succeed
She who handed out uniforms that made us feel united,
A team.
She who celebrated the disabled,
For who they were
For their ability.
That they had to offer the world
She who loved smiles on others faces.

I know that she is in heaven
With angels all around.
Know she is watching Devon
Down on the ground.
To see what he is doing around town.
Know she’s watching Kim and Greg.
And the kindness that they will bring
I know she’s watching Jon
She really loved to watch him do his thing.
And I know she’s watching me,
A kid on the team.

For a dear woman who I’ve only known a season,
I will miss you for many reasons.
I’ll remember your kindness.
And patience
Your soul
Your memory will last with me as I play,
Coach
And cheer
For the basketball team
Or when I go to Half Moon Bay.
And when someone else helps me see
The very special woman that I am and will continue to be
Thank you for all you’ve done for the coast-side special needs kids
From a kid on the Coast-Side Cougars
Who has NLD and CP.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the day that Gail went to the hospital, I recieved a picture from the Lord. Gail was in the clouds, smiling and beaming with joy. Then I saw an angel come and begin to dance around her. Then another angel came to praise and dance. Soon others joined in the dance, circling around Gail. So many angels came to dance around her that I could no longer see Gail. Slowing the angels, continuing to give praise and dancing around her, began to lift her into the heavens. As I saw this picture, I thought that the Lord was going to take her home. And now we know that the Lord called her home.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the poem... it is beautiful and helps us to know Gail even better!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your poem dedicated to Gail. Every word and every phrase rings so true to who Gail is and will always be in our hearts. Gail has been a sister to me for over 30 years and it warms my heart to know how much she ministered to all up at Half Moon Bay. Our lives were never the same after Jon, Gail, and Devon moved from Southern CA, but we know God had a reason for them moving. As I read your poem and all the other messages, I can see how powerful the Yoshimine's ministry has touched your lives. We are blessed!
Thanks for sharing your poem....it uplifted my spirits!
Sandy Ohno

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Veronica!!!

We've posted a link to your blog under the "Community Links" section of the Gail's Place homepage (upper right corner) so people can get to know YOU better and read more of your awesome writing!!!

Thanks for sharing, we love you !!!
Greg & Kimberly

AZ Chapman said...

Thank you for the wonderful comments. You have put a big smile on my face. I will post it on my blog too.Remember to come and leave a comment too.