Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The God We Know

The God we know:


is faithful to us even when we're angry at him. (devon)
does not abandon us (devon)
has a sense of humor
has placed family and friends by our side to remind us that we are not alone (devon)
sustains us through this time, because we know that our Mom is in heaven (devon)
is a God who is there as we weep
is understands the groans unspeakable.
word is true
covers us under his wings
loves us the way that we need to be loved
understands us, the way that we need to be understood.


The God that we know 'shows up'

In the chicken enchiladas that we scarfed down last night.
While reading the blog.
In making comments on the blog.
In the open house of family and family and more family last night.
In the reading of his word, the Bible
In just 'being there' with us.




Love,

Jon and Devon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon and Devon,

Ruth took the words right out of my mind last night! I, too, just that 1 night at Petra's house when I heard Gail's prayer for the Sabbatical, was just the most beautiful prayer I'd ever heard. It was so sweet and dear and precious. When I came home I told John about it and my friend Sally the next day as well. It was touching and just, not something I wasn't expecting to experience. Simple and profound!

What an amazing blessing to hear all of the stories of love and life and all that Gail has given to so many. We love you guys lots... Kjirsten (and the rest of the Tuohy household!)